We’ve long been waxing lyrical about the importance of incorporating oils into your skincare routine, and with an insurgence of oil-infused lip products we’re saying goodbye to chapped pouts forever.
From colour-popping lipsticks and glosses that impart a sheer, but oh-so moisturising stain, to clear glossy treatment products promising to keep lips plump, hydrating has never been so glamorous.
1. Clinique Pop Oil Lip and Cheek Glow, $46, is a soft, buildable tint for lips and cheeks. Safflower, jojoba and sunflower seed oils offer lightweight hydration that’s never sticky.
2. Anti-ageing powerhouse, Hourglass No.28 LipTreatment Oil, $76, contains a luscious blend of botanicals and vitamins to condition lips and reduce wrinkles.
3. Lancôme Juicy Shaker, $39, is set to hit cult status, just like its younger sister, the Juicy Tube. By shaking the biphasic formula prior to application, you’ll create the perfect cocktail of colourful pigment and lip-care oils to give a satin-shine result.
4. Unlike traditional lipsticks which are fixed in the tube when cold, Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-in-Stick, $65, contains a 60% concentration of oils poured into the tube while still hot. The result? A wet-look shine and ultra-melting texture that delivers eight hours of hydration.
5. Estée Lauder Genuine Glow Reviving Oil Lip Tint, $50, goes on semi-sheer with a pinkish tint, but develops over several minutes to a shade that complements your natural lip tone (available exclusively at Farmers’ Estée Lauder counters and farmers.co.nz from August 1st 2016).