Ponytails are one of the easiest hairstyles to create on the go, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be super chic at the same time. This street-cool pony created by L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni.ART ambassador Melissa Gesualdo for Western Australia’s 19th Annual Fashion Awards is the classic ponytail reimagined with a far edgier approach.
Here’s how to get the look in just a few simple steps:
1. Prep hair with a fixing spray such as L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni.ART Wild Stylers Crêpage de Chignon, applied directly to the roots to create a natural texture base
2. Directionally blow-dry the hair, lifting the roots and smoothing ends under for a sleek finish
3. Gather hair into a ponytail at the crown of the head and secure with an elastic band. Select a thin strip of hair to wrap around the base of the ponytail and disguise the elastic. Spritz lengths with a gloss spray for a shiny runway finish
4. Shake a small amount of Tecni.ART Super Dust throughout lengths for added body and loosely tie a clear band half way down the ponytail
5. Secure the second elastic to the left side of the head with bobby pins hidden into the underside of the ponytail and through the elastic. Creating a looped shape, the ends of the ponytail should now sit behind the left ear
6. Finish with a light application of hairspray to hold in place.