It wasn’t just the Boy George hair, chic flip-flops or embroidered concrete fabric at the Chanel FW 14/15 Haute Couture show that had us talking: the fashion house’s artistic take on the cat eye was to die for. Here’s how to achieve the look at home:
1. Starting with a white eye shadow, shade right the way into the inner corner of the eye and blend across the lid.
2. Using a gold-toned shadow, like Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Vision, blend across the middle of the lid toward the outer corner of the eye.
3. Then using a small eyeshadow brush, start the cat eye shape with a black eye shadow and blend into the gold shadow.
4. To define the cat eye, use a black liquid eyeliner, like Ligne Graphique de Chanel, to draw an exaggerated line past the outer corner of the eye and into a V. Blend the eyeliner into the black eyeshadow.
5. Apply a small amount of black eyeshadow to the lower lash line to define.
6. Curl eyelashes and apply a black volumising mascara, like Le Volume de Chanel.