We couldn’t ignore the minimal makeup and ‘live-in’ hair look at the Glassons new season collection showing in Auckland recently. Stephen Marr stylist Matt Benns created a lived-in feeling for hair, and Amber D for MAC cosmetics gave models a modern wash of metallic shimmer.
Here is Benns’ step-by-step look:
1. First spray hair with Wella Professionals Perfect Settings and Ocean Spritz sea-salt spray.
2. Twist the hair tightly, either in multiple sections or one large one then apply heat with a hairdryer. The mixture of these products will set and give the hair a natural curl.
3. Using a bull clip, pin the hair and allow to cool.
4. Massage the curl to break it up.
5. Using a tail comb, make a hard parting to either side
For makeup inspiration, check out Amber D from MAC with her step-by-step guide to a seamless foundation, and just the lightest dusting of bronze on lids and lips. Photos by Megan Christiansen here: