This is the hair you need for the party season.
With numerous Christmas parties on the horizon, finding that perfect hairstyle is just another thing to add to your ‘to do’ list. Inspired by the hair created by Servilles’ Sid Bahree for the FQ Swim Show, we’ve discovered a simple sexy look to take you through the festive season. Channeling Brigitte Bardot and the disco era of big hair and luxurious beauty, this hairstyle is all about height, texture and all-out glamour.
Read on for Sid’s step by step to recreating the look:
1. Begin with clean, towel-dried hair. Apply Wella EIMI Root Shoot to the roots of your hair, then comb Wella EIMI Extra Volume Styling Mousse through to the ends of strands, making sure to distribute evenly.
2. Rough-dry hair with a blow dryer to about 80% dry and then follow by blow-drying sections of the hair using a round brush to create volume, lifting from the roots as you go.
3. Section your hair into two halves horizontally at the brow line. Pin the top half up while you focus on the bottom half.
4. Curl large sections of the bottom half of the hair using a large-barrel curling iron. Spray each curled section with Wella Professional EIMI Firm hairspray as you go. Brush through the curls to create soft, loose waves.
5. Back comb the crown of your hair in small sections, starting in the front. A tip: always back comb towards your roots. After your crown is done, back comb the sides of your head and then use the hairspray to hold your hair in place.
6. Gently brush the top of your hair back and pin it in place at the back of the head if needed.
7. Tug a small amount of hair down to frame the face, alternatively you can pull your bangs back and pin them in place.
8. Finish with your Wella Professional EIMI Firm hairspray and a spritz of Sebastian Professional Shine Shaker.
Photos: Sam Lee
Video: Georgia Bramley