Windy weather and unpredictable rain can ruin anybody’s day.
If you have naturally curly hair this means having to worry about a frizzy mess, if you have straight hair this means worrying about your freshly washed hair suddenly looking limp and dull.
Step forth this winter’s saviour – the high ponytail. Not only is the ponytail one of the easiest hairstyles, it’s perfect for a busy morning, versatile from work-to-gym-to-home. Joico stylist Leisa Welch gives her take on the high ponytail using Joico products.
- Prepare your hair by washing it with Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo and Conditioner, great for quenching dry, winter hair.
- Apply Joico Moisture Recovery Leave-In Moisturiser to ensure your ponytail will look soft and sleek.
- Use Joico Smooth Cure Thermal Styling Protectant or Joico IronClad Thermal Protectant Spray to protect your hair before using heat appliances.
- Blow dry hair with a paddle brush.
- Section your hair and use a flat iron to straighten it until it’s ultra sleek.
- Apply Joico K-Pak Colour Therapy Dry Oil Spray to your hair for an instant dose of sleek shine.
- Lift your chin up and put your head back to help brush hair up into a very high ponytail – the higher the pony, the sleeker, and trendier it looks.
- Spray Joico Power Spray on the hair as you keep brushing the ponytail up to tame the flyaways. Secure the ponytail with clear elastic.
TIP: If you’re in a rush you can skip step 5. This will create a fuller ponytail which is just as gorgeous.