The fashion world has been singing praises long after the conclusion of New York Fashion Week: Marc Jacobs is officially back.
The designer and his stylist Katie Grand showcased their Fall 2019 Ready-to-Wear collection exceeding expectations to an intimate crowd of just 180 seats. Coats, capes and party dresses were grand in size and texture (we’ve got our hearts set on the befeathered party dresses) and yet were ushered tenderly down the dimly lit runway. The American designer has been exploring hyper-proportions for a couple of seasons now, via the 1980s silhouettes of Claude Montana and Yves Saint Laurent, but this time “Jacobs was looking in the mirror, rather than at the couturiers of old,” writes Vogue.
Jacobs and Grand left their stamp on this collection as did makeup artist Pat McGrath and hairstylist Guido Palau. A vibe, we too, will be channelling come the cooler climes around the corner.
“The Marc Jacobs show this season is all about simplistic beauty. There’s not much hair this season – as you know, we can be heavy-handed at this show but Marc decided he wanted to go lighter this season with a soft, clean look to the hair,” remarks Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau.
“He really wanted to emphasize real beauty and simplicity. There are a lot of hats in the show, as well. It was fun to work through the process of matching each hat to each girl.
“The clothes are very done and grand, so we left the hair feeling easy. There is nonchalance and sophistication to this ease.”
To create the hair from Marc Jacobs, you will need:
Redken FrizzDismiss Shampoo and Conditioner; Redken Triple Dry 15.
Get the look: The soft, dreamy hairstyle from Marc Jacobs’ AW19 runway show
1. Start with clean, freshly washed hair using Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Towel dry your hair until slightly damp.
3. Side part your hair and gently brush through with a wide-toothed comb.
4. Allow your hair to air-dry naturally.
5. Once fully dry, spray a few spritzes of Redken Triple Dry 15 to add in some texture and effortless softness.
“I’m using Redken Triple Dry 15 to get this soft, modern texture, with a hat to complement that’s a bit of a nod to the past.”
6. Run your fingers through your hair to further soften and create the effortless bends. Add a barrette on one side for added flourish.