It’s time to unpolish your look… introducing matte hair, the hottest runway trend
There’s a new texture in town and it’s one we’ve often avoided – matte hair. Gone, for the moment, is the sleek and shiny look and instead we’re seeing mattified, lustreless locks. First seen on the catwalks of Yves Saint Laurent and Oscar de la Renta, then on stars like Rose Byrne, right, the trend has trickled into the mainstream and luckily it’s not hard to achieve. “Most of us wake up with matte, messy hair in the morning,” says stylist Grant Bettjeman. However you’ll need a few products and a bit of effort to make the look stick.
Let’s be honest, most women still want smooth and shiny hair, but if you’re up for it, it might just be a way to get away with bed-hair for a whole day!
1. De Lorenzo Elements Sandstorm Dry Texture Spray, $26.50;
2. Eleven Matte Texture Styling Paste, $32;
3. L’Oréal Professionnel Wild Stylers Depolish, $34;
4. L’Oréal Wild Stylers Crepage De Chignon, $34;
5. Redken Shape Factor 22, $36;
6. Redken Quick Tease 15 Finishing Spray, $36;
7. Kérastase Spray à Porter, $44;
8. Label.M Matt Paste, $32.