This summer, a sunkissed and hyper-highlighted bikini babe will be your go-to beach look.
While we wouldn’t actually let the sun bronze our face (hello wrinkles!), this look is about achieving sunkissed skin with the help of our trusty makeup kit.
Inspired by the beauty look created by M.A.C Cosmetics’ senior artist Kiekie Stanners for the FQ Swim Show, this bronzed glow will take you on a trip to St Tropez, even if the beach you are frequenting is just St Heliers or St Clair!
In Kiekie’s own words, the skin should kinda look like it’s undergone “too much tanning” and the whole thing has a bit of a 90s vibe, too (which is perfect, as you’ll be wearing your 90s high-cut bikinis anyway!)
Read on for Kiekie’s step-by-step guide to recreating the look:
1. Apply Redlite Strobe Cream over the high planes of the face to add a red-filtered radiance before applying foundation.
2. Even out skin tone with a lightweight base of Studio Waterweight SFP 30 Foundation, blended with a #190 Foundation Brush.
3. Create a sun-kissed effect to the skin by mixing Mid Tone Sepia and Bronze Cream Colour Bases together. To create the perfect gold reflect cream bronzer sweep this combo over the cheeks, bridge of the nose, forehead and chin with a #159 Duo Fibre Brush.
4. Enhance this tanned effect on the skin by adding faux freckles in the same areas – focussing on the bridge of the nose and tops of cheeks. Use Penultimate Brow Marker to speckle on finer freckles, then using a variety of neutral-coloured makeup pencils dot on larger freckles – press these larger dots into the skin with a #219 Pencil Brush to create a more realistic effect.
5. Shape under the cheekbones with Sincere Blush to provide a strong peach-tone contour, using a #168 Large Angled Contour Brush.
6. Highlight all of the high areas of the face by first using Pearl Cream Colour Base, then sweep a soft dusting of Show Gold Extra Dimension Skinfinish with a #224 Blending Brush to give a cool-pink hyper-highlight to cheekbones.
7. Groom brows, and apply Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set in a deeper shade to create the perfect full 90’s brows.
8. Blend Indianwood Pro Longwear Paint Pot over the eyelids with a #239 Shading Brush, and press Tan Pigment over the top for a gold frosted effect. Apply Rich Ground Pro Longwear Fluidline along the lashline with a #209 Eye Liner brush, followed by a sweep of Instacurl Mascara on the top lashes only.
9. Create a wet-hot frosted peach lip by applying Lady Be Good Retro Matte Liquid Lip, then pressing a soft dusting of Tan Pigment over the top once the liquid lip has dried. Apply a lacquering of Clear Lipglass over the top for an ultra-glossy finish.
Photos: Sam Lee