Beauty

This new foundation from Guerlain is the one thing missing from your beauty cabinet

guerlain-foundation


If you’re currently compiling a wish list of all the things you need in your life, you’d better make room for Guerlain’s latest foundation.

Natural ingredients and performance combine in the new Guerlain L’Essentiel Natural Glow Foundation, making it a makeup bag staple you won’t want to deny yourself of.

Guerlain’s newest and oh-so-photogenic addition has officially changed the foundation game, with a product derived from 97% natural origin ingredients (the remaining 3% are carefully chosen for skin feel and wear longevity) that includes complexion-caring marine and botanical extracts, similar to those you’ll find in high-end skincare.


Extracts from tara and red algae gums let the skin breathe, while simultaneously protecting it from the elements; while white cocoa bean, probiotic derivatives and prebiotics keep your skin super hydrated while maintaining the skin’s natural balance and strengthening the cutaneous barrier.

And that’s just what it’s doing.

How it actually looks on the skin is a lightweight, luminous fluid foundation that builds easily to achieve flawless light to medium coverage that lasts for up to 16 hours.


As for the unique vessel, French designer Mathieu Lehanneur has crafted an elegant glass bottle that will no doubt take pride of place in many a beauty #shelfie. Inspired by the subtle art of balance, your morning makeup routine has never looked so chic. You’ll also be impressed by the game-changing retractable brush which makes applying your base a total breeze.

Dermatologically tested on all skin types, including sensitive skin, this foundation has been found to reduce the appearance of pores by around 49%, as well as tackling pigmentary imperfections.

Just a few reasons why it’s on our must-have list and no doubt will be on yours now too.

Guerlain L’Essentiel Natural Glow Foundation, 16H Wear SPF20 ($102) can be purchased in 10 shades at Smith & Caughey’s, Ballantynes and David Jones.

Photos: Supplied

FEATURED