If there has been one overwhelming hair trend emerging during the Northern Hemisphere fashion circuit, it’s the low slung, tidy ponytail as seen at Diesel, Ralph Lauren, Gucci and Prada.
Here’s how to achieve a sleek ponytail at home:
1. Apply a small amount of blow-dry lotion, like Redken Satinwear 02, to damp hair.
2. Create a part and then blow-dry hair smooth, using a round brush for added colume.
3. Brush hair into a low ponytail, using a smoothing lotion or serum for a more polished look.
4. Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic, securing with a small pin.
5. Finish with a mist of hairspray to secure the look.