While we live for watching runway shows (either in real life or via live stream – thanks Periscope!), we love getting up close and personal backstage to get the inside scoop on the beauty looks.
You may not be able to fork out for a new designer dress, but updating your lipstick wardrobe? Too easy!
“The Rebecca Vallance body was all about glowing, healthy skin,” says Michael Brown, St Tropez Skin Finishing Expert. “Using the St Tropez Luxe Dry Oil, skin tone was lifted rather than a dramatic change, as the oil gave optimum nourishment and high impact runway sheen.”
Get the look:
1. First prep skin with St Tropez Tan Enhancing Body Polish to slough off any dead skin and get your canvas as smooth as possible.
2. Next, drench your applicator mitt with St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Dry Oil and apply a generous coat all over the body.
3. Wait three minutes, then repeat with another coat.
4. Resist the urge to pat it dry and instead leave the oil to dry naturally in order to achieve a beach-ready, all over gleam.
Ginger and Smart
“The hair look I created for Ginger & Smart is distinctly British with a salute to the suede-head subculture of the early 70s,” says Redken hair director Richard Kavanagh. “Redken Rootful 06 enabled the effortlessly cool texture and Redken Fashion Work 12 finished the style with workable hold.”
Get the look:
1. Mist Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray into hair from roots to ends to create touchable fullness.
2. Blowdry hair with a medium round brush.
3. Using a blunt needle and some cotton thread, stitch hair at the back to create a head-hugging shape.
4. Using your hands, gently push the hair into shape and tuck some behind the ears.
5. Finish with a light mist of Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Hairspray.
Drawing inspiration from the Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn classic Death Becomes Her, Redken hair director Richard Kavanagh create a theatrical but feminine style anchored by soft asymmetry for the Zhivago show on day 2 at MBFWA.
“The effortlessly romantic look I created for the Zhivago show pays homage to the film Death Becomes Her,” says Kavanagh. “Redken Diamond Oil provided the subtle shine and Redken Pillow Proof Two Day Extender created undone texture. I used a curling wand to create extra movement and the hair was cinched into shape with thread to create theatre.”
Get the look:
1. For coarse hair, apply a few drops of Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine. For finer hair, apply Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray. For dry hair, layer both products.
2. Blowdry hair with a high heat setting with a medium sized, round boar bristle brush until completely dry.
3. Create movement and bend the hair with a medium sized curling wand.
4. Create extra texture with Pillow Proof Two Day Extender and then cinch the hair at the nape of the neck with thread.
5. Finish with Redken Triple Take 32 Extreme High-Hold Hairspray.