As the temperature drops, so too do the moisture levels in skin.
Air conditioning, heaters and long, hot showers suck the water from our bodies, leaving skin feeling dry and tight. This is the time to pull out rich, decadent cream to build up a barrier against the elements.
1. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye, $61. 2. Pure Fiji Hydrating Multi-Active Serum, $79. 3. MAC Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist, $45. 4. Eve Lom Age Defying Smoothing Treatment, $314. 5. This Works In Transit No Traces Face Cleansing Pads, $52. 6. Radical Skincare Instant Revitalizing Mask, $98. 7. Jane Iredale Pommisst Hydration Spray, $55.
Avoid the look of dry, tight skin
1. Make sure you keep exfoliating during the cooler months.
2. Buffing skin weekly helps moisturisers and serums penetrate your complexion faster.
3. Create a mini spa at home. Smooth on moisturisers within three minutes (the magic window) of stepping out
of the shower. The steamy atmosphere in the bathroom helps trap the moisture in skin, and keeps it there for longer.
4. Swap your gel cleanser for a nourishing milk or cream option for removing makeup.
5. After showering use hydrating spray to moisturise places you can’t reach such as your back and behind your neck.
6. Don’t ditch your UV protection in winter. Just because the sun isn’t shining doesn’t mean you can slack off with sun protection. Use SPF30-based foundation or tinted moisturiser all year round.