Who says you can’t have a cinnamon quill among your ice for an evening drink?
- 700 mlbottle vodka
- 2vanilla beans, split lengthways
- 1 cup(200g) whole dried figs, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups(320g) almond kernels
- 1 L(4 cups) milk
- 3 cups ice cubes
How to make
- Pour vodka into a medium jug, reserve bottle. Add vanilla bean and fig, stir until combined. Cover, refrigerate for 1 week.
- Blend almonds and milk until almonds are finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, cover, refrigerate overnight.
- Strain vodka mixture through a muslin-lined sieve over a medium bowl, discard vanilla beans and reserve figs. Pour infused vodka back into the reserved bottle. (Vodka will last indefinitely, stored in a cool, dark place.)
- Strain almond milk through muslin into a large jug. Refrigerate until required.
- To serve, divide ice among 10 glasses, add ¼ cup infused vodka and 160mls of the chilled almond milk to each glass. Stir to combine. Infused vodka can be made up to a month ahead.
You will need to start this recipe 1 week ahead. Serve topped with a pinch of ground nutmeg or cinnamon and half a cinnamon quill to stir.
The reserved figs will be quite boozy after soaking in vodka for a week. You can either discard them or keep them for another use. Try stirring them through vanilla ice-cream.