What’s for dinner?
The Missoni family have opened their kitchen to share their favourite Italian meals with us. Son of the famous fashion house’s creative director Angela, Francesco Maccapani Missoni has collated their tried-and-tested home-style recipes into a new and stylish cookbook.
Just like the label’s iconic knitwear, The Missoni Family Cookbook is vividly bright. The pages beat with the heart of the family unit, the cooking notes are dotted with anecdotes and dappled with intimate imagery. It zig-zags between easy, everyday recipes and special occasion delights. Seasonal delicacy and crisp summery salads, dramatic dinner party fare and exceptional but effortless entrees – taste the full gambit of this family’s cuisine.
Scroll below to see the Missoni family’s recipe for Zuppa di Telline:
The Missoni’s Zuppa di Telline (Tellin clams in broth)
- 4 1/2 Tellin clams
- 1 gallon (3.8 litres) of salted water or sea water if available
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 generous handful finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a very large bucket, soak the clams in the salted water for two hours. Drain, check for any broken shells and wash again in fresh water.
- Smash the garlic clove with the heel of your hand.
- In a deep pot over medium heat, warm the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the garlic and sweat for about 1 minute. Add the clams and wine, cover, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring each minute. When all of the clams have opened, remove from the heat.
- Serve the clams immediately in their broth. Garnish with the parsley and season with white pepper.
Serves 6 – 8 people.
The Missonis love to add a dash of freshly sliced ginger to their clams. Just add 1 teaspoon to the pan along with the garlic – or, if you like it hot, add the ginger raw to your plate.
The Missoni Family Cookbook is available to purchase from Amazon.
This article originally appeared on Grazia.
Words: Lucy Morris.
WATCH: At lunch with Angela Missoni