There’s nothing that beats a good old classic Kiwi pav for dessert.
1 quantity no-fail meringue mixture (see basic recipe)
1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream,whipped
Raspberries, passionfruit pulp and slicedpeaches, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Using a pencil, draw a 20cm circle on a sheet of baking paper. Place the baking paper, pencil-side down, on a lightly greased baking tray.
2. Spoon the meringue mixture into the circle to make a neat round. Reduce the oven temperature to 120°C (250°F) and bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely in the closed oven.
3. Place the pavlova on a cake stand or plate and top with the whipped cream, raspberries, passionfruit and peach to serve.
- Turn the baking paper so it’s pencil-side down – no marks will transfer onto the meringue.
- Allow the meringue to cool gradually in the oven with the door closed, preferably overnight