Ready, set, SHOP.
Black Friday is the biggest shopping day in the United States and for many Americans, signifies the official start of the holiday season (it also helps that it takes place the day after Thanksgiving). Its effect has started to trickle down to New Zealand, where some retailers have coincided the start of their sales with this ultimate shopping weekend.
We’ve tracked down all the best deals – just remember, with New Zealand being 18 hours ahead of the US and 13 hours ahead of the UK, some sales might not be live yet.
- Stock up on all your summer essentials at Glassons – there’s a variety of different offers right now and free express shipping on orders over $25.
- Fabric’s sale kicked off on Wednesday but there’s still lots of good designer deals to be found, both in-store and online at thisisfabric.com.
- If you’ve been loading up your ASOS shopping bag but have been teetering over the checkout button, now is the time to press ‘go’, with 20% off everything site-wide. Customers can secure their discount by using the promo code CYBER.
- Topshop always have great Black Friday sales – right now, there is up to 50% off selected lines.
- Black will forever be the new black – just as well then, that Nasty Gal are taking 30% off their favorite black styles.
- If you’re looking to sort all your gifts out for Christmas, Amazon is the place to be with deals on electronics, computers, books, toys and games.
- Shopbop is doing its best to be an enabler, encouraging us to ‘buy more to save more’. You can get up to 25% off (if you spend over US $1,000) and that includes on existing sale items. Free international express shipping, too!
- Stocking brands such as C/meo Collective, Finders Keepers and Senso, we’ll definitely be hitting up BNKR this weekend for deals under $50 plus first order discounts and free express shipping on all orders over $39.
- It’s pyjamas heaven at Peter Alexander, with up to 50% off selected styles in their online pop-up sale.
- Urban Outfitters will be taking another 30% off sale items.
- Move fast – the Smith & Caughey’s 25% off sale is for today only (it finishes in store at 7pm at the Newmarket branch, 9.30pm at the Queen Street branch and midnight online).
- You won’t know where to start at US department store Nordstrom, where an extra 25% is being taken off sale items.
- If you’re more of a Selfridges shopper, you can get up to 20 per cent off online by entering the discount code SELFCCE at the checkout.