Green can seem daunting at times…
But just because you find the colour green tricky to wear doesn’t mean you should stay away from it altogether. Forget naff looks or awkward Saint Patrick’s Day references, green has been trending both in street style and on the runway during fashion month, which should be incentive enough to adopt the hue.
To help inspire your verdant attire, we’ve compiled a list of our top tips on how to wear the colour as well our favourite street style looks featuring – you guessed it – fashion’s favourite green items.
Styling notes on how to wear the colour green:
- Word on the street is that a bright green jumper is currently trending with the fashion elite. If you want to adopt the trend we suggest teaming with light blues, greys and denim. For a bold, electric look, inspired by Georgia Alice’s Spring Summer 18 collection, wear your jumper with a pair of vinyl black pants.
- It does take some courage to wear those bold green hues so we understand if you want to ease yourself in. Why not start by featuring pops of bright green in your accessories?
- When outfitting, think bejewelled colour combos; Emerald greens pair well with golden yellows and vibrant reds.
- A very safe and complementary colour combination is black, white and forest green.
- If you love a good suit we suggest mixing it up a little by wearing an emerald, forest or vibrant green suit.
- An adventurous person should give fluorescent green a go. Just make sure it complements your skin tone and doesn’t make you look too sickly. Break up the brightness with a touch of tan or baby blue.
- Why not have a bit of fun and play with the colour green in the form of different textures and patterns? Green florals, stripes and checks are a sure win.
- Go all out on the green theme and create an outfit comprising entirely of a range of complementary green hues. If the street style stars can do it, why can’t we?
- And last but not least, khaki is a safe and easy colourway to start with if you’re green at wearing green.
Scroll through the gallery below to see the best street style looks incorporating the colour green:
Words: Ella Francis.
Photos: Getty Images.
Watch the best runway looks from New York Fashion Week: