FQ rounds up the best street style looks from across the ditch.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia (MBFWA) is well underway with a stream of enviable street style from models, celebrities and influencers – including our very own Georgia Fowler.
Styling tips we’ve noted so far:
- Red and pink hues are definitely still in so continue to wear these colours with confidence. For the fashion-forward, consider using either red or pink as the staple tone and then add a pop of the alternative colour into your outfit for contrast.
- The colour green is rising in popularity so adopt the hue in tones ranging from khaki to fluoro. For further ideas on how to wear said colour, be sure to read 30 chic and contemporary ways to wear the colour green.
- Combat-style boots are cool so start imagining yourself this winter in Doc Martens and/or lace-up boots with chunky soles. For the ultimate high-low fashion look, team your combat boots with a floaty, ruffled feminine dress.
- If the tough combat-boot look just isn’t you, then pointed toes and slingback-style heels are trending.
- Choose to make a statement with your handbag – the more unusual the shape, the better – with small clutches and top-handle bags being the definitive go-to. For an alternative hands-free look, wear your handbag across the body.
- Menswear-inspired suiting has taken a slouchy route in the form of oversized double-breasted blazers and wide leg trousers.
Stay tuned as we continue to update the best street style looks from MBFWA.
To see the all the incredible street style looks from MBFWA scroll through the gallery below:
Words: Ella Francis
Photos: Getty Images
WATCH: 5 questions to ask yourself before buying a designer item