HOW do Copenhagen girls always look so chic?
Copenhagen Fashion Week, attended this week by the top influencers and industry members of the Scandinavian fashion scene, once again provided ample outfit inspiration for the upcoming colder months.
Embrace outfit organisation and start taking winter styling notes from the Scandinavian It-girls, as one can never be too organised! And just in case you missed any key trends that popped up throughout the week, we’re rounded up the top Scandinavian style tips from Copenhagen Fashion Week AW18:
- Layer on the layers: This winter fashion rule might not be new, but a reminder is always welcome. Pile clothing on to your heart’s content – and if you’re brave enough, don’t be shy to combine a range of colours, textures and prints.
- Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you should stick to dark colours: Opt for vibrant hues in shades of red, yellow, pink, green and blue.
- Checks have evolved: So step away from the traditional gingham and opt for a range of colours and check sizes. And please be generous applying this print across jackets, trousers and accessories.
- Vinyl jackets are your new best friend: So think like the Matrix. They not only look super sleek but also work as an excellent rain barrier. Favourite colour choices include red checks, jet black and a transparent white.
- And last but definitely NOT least, accessories are key: It might be grey and rainy but a pair of sharp black sunglasses speak volumes about your fashion forward status. A quirky bag, beanie and/or chunky scarf will also help elevate your outfit to a whole new level.
Scroll through the gallery below to view street style from Copenhagen Fashion Week: