The headscarf is hair to stay for summer. We break down all the ways you can style one based on real-life examples.
Spots, stripes, florals, cotton, linen, velvet or silk, the headscarf is a chic addition to any hairstyle injecting all kinds of playful nostalgia reminiscent of lazy summer days and long summer nights. Sported on an international scale, the headscarf needn’t be reserved for the Amalfi coast or the French Riveria. Why you can make it work here in the land of the long white cloud. Bound for the beach, a trip to the shops, to brunch with the girls, or even into the workplace, the headscarf will see you now.
Ways to wear a headscarf
- Spruce up a basic white tee and jean combo
- Add a pop of colour to a black and white outfit
- Create that European-summer-whimsy-charm
- Disguise unhealthy or unstyled tresses
- Bring out the colour in another garment
- Keep hair off your face when worn as a headband
- Give corporate tailoring a summer twist
- With a high ponytail, a low ponytail, around a bun, as a headband, half-up-half-down – you name it
- Just scroll to the gallery and you’ll see what we mean
Whichever way you choose to slice and dice the trend to suit your hair length and hair type, there are endless opportunities to explore. But sometimes it takes a little bit of courage and boatloads of inspiration to kick things off. Which is exactly why we poured over Pinterest to deliver our favourite renditions.
Scroll for the best examples of headscarves that’ll have you head over heels for the summer trend: