Worried about what your hair will look like post-workout? Don’t sweat it, we have a how-to solution…
Miss FQ hot tip: Spray in some dry shampoo before you workout so your hair is left drier later. Try Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo, $12.99, for its delicious fruity smell that will leave your hair smelling fresh, even after you’ve trained hard.
Dry shampoo to the rescue! Opt for an aerosol dry shampoo so you can quickly and efficiently get rid of excess shine. Hold the can 15 cm away from your scalp and spray along your part and facial hairline. Try Batiste Original Dry Shampoo, $12.99, as it’s perfect for keeping in your gym bag and has great staying power.
- Massage the dry shampoo into your scalp so there’s no visible product. If your hair still looks a little greasy, spray a little more dry shampoo and work the product into your hair again.
- Boxer braids are having a moment and they’re the perfect hairstyle solution after an intense workout. Whether you’re popping out for brunch with your friends or heading back to uni post-workout, this style will suit any cool, casual occasion. Begin by dividing your hair down the middle of your head to create two equal sections. Clip one side away so you can work on the first braid.
- Grab a small section at the front of your hair to begin the braid. Divide this section into 3 more equal sub-sections and begin plaiting a reverse French braid – the two outer sections cross under the middle section. After completely your first couple of braids, begin adding hair into the sections as they cross under.
- Braid all the way to the end of your hair and tie off with a hair tie.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Give your hair a final spritz by lightly going back in with your Batiste Original Dry Shampoo; it has great staying power and can tame unwanted flyaways. Just make sure you don’t go too heavy-handed!
Watch: How to do a boxer braid