If looking ethereal à la Amanda Seyfried at the Met Gala ’18 is your idea of #hairgoals, follow the step-by-step tutorial below on how you can achieve this look from the comfort of your own home.
Step up your curls and waves for next level glamourous styling with the Silver Bullet Fastlane Titanium Black Titanium Large Conical Curling Iron. Hair will be left stylish, gorgeous and smooth. The result? Flawless, long-lasting curls.
What you’ll need:
- Silver Bullet Fastlane Titanium Black Titanium Large Conical Curling Iron
- R+CO Death Valley Dry Shampoo
- R+CO Outer Space Hairsrpay
- Brushworx Oval Cushion (Boar Bristle)
- Wide Tooth Comb
The step-by-step guide to achieving Amanda Seyfried’s high volume, centre-parted waves
1. Start by brushing your hair then apply R+CO Death Valley Dry Shampoo from roots through to ends to add texture and volume.
2. Start at the nape of the neck and spray R+CO Outer Space Hairspray section by section. Then brush through the hair.
3. Next, section the hair and wrap the hair around the Silver Bullet Titanium Conical. Hold for 10 seconds and release, leaving each section alone to cool.
EXPERT TIP #1: Place the curl where you want it to be noticed. If you want to accentuate the cheekbone start at the cheekbone. If you want to accentuate your jaw or lips, start curling further down in line with your jaw.
4. Once the hair is cooled, spray R+CO Outer Space Hairspray throughout the entire head to add texture and fullness to the waves.
5. Then, start at the nape and backcomb the waves section by section to create softness and volume.
6. Spray each section with R+CO Outer Space Hairspray for long-lasting results, then use your fingers to shake out any remaining waves to create loose, soft texture.
EXPERT TIP #2: Remember, hair is a material. When it’s hot you can shape it, when it’s cold it sets in place.
Stylist: Damian Jones, Silver Bullet Style Director
This article was brought to you by Style HQ | stylehq.co.nz