Imagine this… you meet a guy, you develop feelings, and then he does one or all of the following things. DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUN! Welcome to the friend zone.
Before we launch into the signs that banish you into the infamous friend zone (not pretty), just know rejection is best accepted gracefully. Whether you go on to make your feelings known, ask them on a date, or simply strike up the “what are we?” convo (#goodluck), back yourself and hold your head high, girl, and be prepared for the friendship to change.
You might not be able to control ~their~ feelings, but you can control your reaction (and reputation)…
Depending on how you react and rise to the outcome, just because you were friend-zoned, doesn’t mean you can’t still maintain the reputation of being an all-round GB, you feel? After all, this won’t be the last time you’ll be friend-zoned in your life. And you’ll certainly encounter times in your life where you’re putting your boy friends in the friend zone too.
Accept it. Slap a few facepalm emoji’s on this wee chapter of your almost-dating history and keep doing you! Remember, it’s not your fault. There’s probably plenty of guys in your life you respect and enjoy their company but don’t like them *in that way*.
Scroll for 18 signs you’re a girl in the friend zone:
1. He calls you bro/mate/buddy/dude.
2. Whenever you do something for him, he says cheers or churr instead of thanks.
3. He greets you with a fist pump, a high-five or a shoulder punch.
No romance has started with a high-five. EVER.
4. When you go in for the hug you encounter the awkward double-pat on the back.
5. He talks about other girls when you hang out like it is NBD.
6. He’s referred to you as his wing woman on at least one occasion.
7. He finishes hanging out with you by saying, “It was good catching up” instead of a kiss/any real physical contact.
8. He tries to give you dating advice – both subtle and blatant.
9. He talks to you about his Tinder nightmares.
10. He asks you what you’re doing this weekend but doesn’t make plans with you.
Maybe he just doesn’t like you…
11. He gets annoyed with you asking questions about sport.
If he was into you, he would take the time to explain it because he would think you’re cute for asking.
12. When you talk to another guy while he’s around, he encourages it.
Even though deep down you’re hoping it will make him jealous *dies inside*
13. He doesn’t buy you drinks – you do rounds.
14. You get invited to drink with the guys.
15. He winds you up and takes the piss out of you like he does with his mates.
16. He asks for your friend’s or sister’s number.
17. He’s referred to your mum as a MILF before.
18. He farts in front of you.
Actually… if he does this you’re not in the friend zone, you’re ‘one of da boys’.