Imagine this… you meet a guy, you develop feelings for this guy and then he does one or all of the following things. DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUN! Welcome to the friendzone.
1. He calls you bro/mate/buddy/dude.
2. Whenever you do something for him, he says cheers or churr instead of thanks.
3. He greets you with a fist pump, a high-five or a shoulder punch.
No romance has started with a high-five. EVER.
4. When you go in for the hug you encounter the awkward double-pat on the back.
5. He talks about other girls when you hang out like it is NBD.
6. He’s referred to you as his wing woman on at least one occasion.
7. He finishes hanging out with you by saying, “It was good catching up” instead of a kiss/any real physical contact.
8. He tries to give you dating advice – both subtle and blatant.
9. He talks to you about his Tinder nightmares.
10. He asks you what you’re doing this weekend but doesn’t make plans with you.
Maybe he just doesn’t like you…
11. He gets annoyed with you asking questions about sport.
If he was into you, he would take the time to explain it because he would think you’re cute for asking.
12. When you talk to another guy while he’s around, he encourages it.
Even though deep down you’re hoping it will make him jealous *dies inside*
13. He doesn’t buy you drinks – you do rounds.
14. You get invited to drink with the guys.
15. He winds you up and takes the piss out of you like he does with his mates.
16. He asks for your friend’s or sister’s number.
17. He’s referred to your mum as a MILF before.
18. He farts in front of you.
Actually… if he does this you’re not in the friendzone, you’re one of da boys.